I always say this before, and will say it again. I have this rollercoaster relationship with writing/blogging. I’ve been in a three-year hiatus from the blogosphere, yet somehow, life’s unexpected twists and turns always seem to connive and bring me back safely to this blinking cursor staring back at me. If I am not mistaken, this is my fourth(?) attempt at blogging…I had a personal blog, a travel blog, a book review blog, and now, this. Of course, it’s a must to have a mom and a teaching blog sweetly tucked and rolled into one. Right?
So, what to expect?
- Musings – about anything under the sun! A thought, a poetry, an anecdote of our little world here in paradise.
- Mommyhood – for a brief time, I had the notion that not having a baby was okay, but now that we have our little Emory, we cannot imagine life without him. So watch our Emory grow, and the crazy life we live now!
- Teachertopia – being a first grade teacher is the best thing in the world. I personally am challenged everyday and learn everyday…and that’s what I love about teaching! I’ll share ideas, stories, and lessons here.
And where is paradise you say, well, here’s some random facts about me.
- Currently live in the beautiful island of Oahu, Hawaii with my husband and son, Emory. Been here for 5 years, and love every minute of it.
- Traveling is life! I love to travel and experience different people and cultures. It amazes me how much I learn from just going!
- Once upon a time, I wanted to be a journalist. But life…(again)…led me to rediscover my real calling – to work with kids! And now, I get to fulfill a part of that dream as a First Grade Teacher. My ultimate ultimate dream though, is to merge Traveling, Teaching, and Parenting! How do I do that? Well, I have some ideas in mind, but more on that later…
Well, thanks for stopping by! I can’t believe I got to concoct this About page while Emory is asleep! And as always, A L O H A!